Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are big make up brands like Dior, MAC etc. the same as Maybelline,Cover Girl make up?

Is MAC eye shadow better than Cover Girl's? Or is Dior lip gloss better than Maybellines?Are big make up brands like Dior, MAC etc. the same as Maybelline,Cover Girl make up?
I have been using makeup for a longtime! and I can tell you that with the Dior/Lancome/Chanel etc brands you are paying big bucks for the name and packaging and there are many other equivalent products on the market if you search around. Smell and texture are important to me - I won't use a lipstick (even if it looks good if I don't like the texture or smell (same for face creams). I find a $5 Covergirl green/pink tube one of the best for mascara - again, if you like a certain type of wand or brush for mascara you may want to splash out just to get it if the cheaper brands don't make it. But as far as lipsticks go, L'Oreal Color Riche are lovely and moist and taste/smell great (to me!)...less than half the price and just as good a quality as Lancome etc. Technologies for things like makeup and shampoo have improved so much over the last 10-20 years that a lot of it comes down to i) personal preference and ii)the snob factor. OTOH I have a niece in NZ who is on the stage and she loves MAC - and she applies it well ; - )!Are big make up brands like Dior, MAC etc. the same as Maybelline,Cover Girl make up?
No way, trust me MAC eye shadows are the best!
My mom is MAC obsessed it is the best for makeup in general. Especially their eye shadows, they have all different kinds. I use it and you should go to Nordstrom and some other high end department stores, try it out! Hope this helps!! :-)
noo





dior has wonderful perfumes


mac is great for make-up.





I'm not a big fan of maybelline and covergirl because their mascaras come of easily. Their concealers don't even do the job, and the blushes don't have good shades.





but I'm happy with dior and mac :)
eh. idk about MAC, but i've heard it's good. drugstore brands are good, but don't go on as well or stay on as long as MAC, Lancome, Chanel, or others do.
yes very much so mac rules, nyc rules, some maybelline and covergirl are ok. the funkier brands have better colors and textures.
In cosmetics, more expensive brands are definitely better quality. My friend gave me a ';Juicy Tube'; lipgloss by Lanc么me...What a difference with Maybelline or CoverGirl. Lanc么me will not dry up after some time, the taste and smell of the product are amazing, and you NEVER end up with that disgusting and annoying line on your lips you'd get with a cheap product.


Also with eyeshadows, I own a few Christian Dior and Lanc么me! Amazing! Wayyy better than CoverGirl. You will never get a crease at the end of the day, and the colors are vibrant.


I own a Extenxcils mascara from Lanc么me, and again, it's much better than any drugstore brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disease